CAS History

Charles County Children’s Aid Society, Inc. was founded in 1934 by a group of compassionate women who recognized that some of their neighbors were having difficulty feeding and clothing their children.  Spurred by the Great Depression and casualties of war, these caring ladies formed a “society” whose goal was to ensure that the basic life necessities of local families were met.  However, as time progressed the group realized that they were unable to independently provide for the less fortunate and, in 1957, the Children’s Aid Society became a  501 (c) (3) non-profit human service agency.

CCCAS (Charles County Children’s Aid Society) has continually evolved to address the needs of the current community.  Early on, the agency handled Charles County’s foster care and adoption services before there was Charles County Department of Social Services.  Over time, parenting classes, emergency shelter assistance and many other services have been provided through this agency.

Today, CCCAS is governed by a strong and caring board of directors comprised of members of our community.  It offers programs which include emergency financial assistance, school supplies for students, assistance for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, food, clothing, items for the home and more.  Over 30,000 Charles County citizens are helped annually.

 

 

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes